Politicians talk a lot about climate change, but do nothing! Are you tired of all that hot air? Now, you CAN do something…
Come learn how peaceful civil disobedience can help defend our climate at the Greenpeace Climate Action Camps in Toronto, Montreal and the Edmonton Area. If we don’t act, millions will suffer.
Each camp will be an intensive three-day training session to help prepare participants to gain grassroots organizing skills, and training in Non-Violent Direct Action (NVDA) to stop the growing climate crisis.
Participants will be trained on the following topics:
• Climate change & climate justice
• History of civil disobedience
• Environmental justice and anti-oppression
• Non-Violent Direct Action (NVDA) theory and practice
• Action planning and decision-making,
• Affinity groups
• Campaign planning and powermapping
• Working with the media
• Know your rights, legal briefing
At the camp you will meet other participants ready to take action. The training will be provided by experienced grassroots organizers, and NVDA trainers, and will be open to those who have previously done activism, NVDA and/or Civil Disobedience, or have little or no experience but want to learn more!
We’ll be learning how to plan and implement activities that will RAISE THE ALARM ABOUT THE GROWING CLIMATE CRISIS. Whether you’re joining as an individual or part of a group, this camp affords an opportunity to meet and join others wanting to get active on climate change and create just and healthy communities for the future.
So what are you waiting for?!
for more info about how to register in your area…
- TORONTO – June 4-6 DONE! and it rocked
- EDMONTON AREA – September 24-26 APPLICATION HERE! Due Sept. 20 at Midnight MST
- MONTREAL (Bilingual) – October 15-17 Application coming soon