Do you suffer from common signs of aging including baggy eyes, sagging skin, fine lines, wrinkles, and discoloration? Hydroxatone offers a wide range of products specifically formulated to combat signs of aging. If you’re considering trying the Hydroxatone brand, keep reading to learn more about the company and for a detailed review of 3 of their most popular anti-aging products.
Andrew Surwilo and Thomas Shiple founded the Hydroxatone skin care company in 2005 with the tagline “rejuvenating beauty through science.” Mostly available online, Hydroxatone products utilize anti-aging powerhouse ingredients Matrixyl 3000, argireline, and hyaluronic acid. Although you won’t find any revolutionary or breakthrough formulas, Hydroxatone is a good value for the price. Visit the official website to browse products and to take advantage of their 30 day free trial offer (more info below).
Hydrolyze Advanced Under Eye Formula
The eyes are one of the first areas to betray your age. Hydrolyze is a mild formula designed to lighten dark circles, calm puffiness, and diminish fine lines and wrinkles. Active ingredients include:
- Biophytex: A blend of botanical extracts and yeast that works to get rid of those pesky dark circles by strengthening capillaries and promoting microcirculation.
- Eyeliss: This trademarked ingredient calms puffiness and gives your face a refreshed look with moisturizing agents and a combination of plant extracts.
- Dermox SRC: A combination of plant extracts and exfoliants, this ingredient keeps your skin strong and healthy while reinforcing your skin’s defenses and reducing the appearance of fine lines/wrinkles.
You can buy Hydrolyze on the company’s official website for $79.95 or on Amazon for just $39.97. The product is sold in half-ounce jars. Directions say to dab the cream beneath the eyes twice a day. For best results, use this product in conjunction with Gentle Milky Cleanser and Age-Defying Toner.
Customer reviews show this cream to have a 3 out of 5 star rating. Those who liked the cream noticed improvements including smoothness, diminishing crow’s feet, and a decrease in puffiness. The effect users were most excited about was the brightening of under eye circles. Although some individuals noticed changes in just a week, most saw changes after a month or more of daily use.
Those who disliked Hydrolyze shared the following concerns:
- Wax-like texture makes it hard to apply
- No better or worse than economy-priced competitors
- The company is unpleasant and wouldn’t accept returns
- Product was expired/dried up/wrong color
The basic consensus is that customer service is bad and that compared to other, similar products, the results you see with Hydrolyze are just “okay.”
Anti-Aging BB Cream with Broad Spectrum SPF 40
“BB” stands for “blemish balm” or “beauty balm;” it is a popular multi-functional cream that acts as a sunscreen, foundation, and anti-aging moisturizer. Hydroxatone’s BB cream contains SPF 40 to protect your skin from harmful UV rays. It also hydrates, softens wrinkles, brightens, firms, and conceals. You can buy it on the official site for $59.95 or on Amazon for $28.65. BB is available in multiple skin tone shades and is sold in 1.5-ounce tubes.
This all-in-one, multi-functional cream can simplify your routine by:
- Combating signs of aging
- Improving skin tone and minimizing discoloration
- Protecting and soothing skin with antioxidants and anti-irritants
- Acting as a light sunscreen
- Providing a natural finish that goes great under makeup
- Reducing damage to the skin caused by free radicals
- Stimulating collagen production
Originally developed for use after laser surgery, this soothing and protecting formula is also a great way to cover up scars and skin imperfections. Active ingredients include:
- Vitamin C: This antioxidant makes your skin look and feel great by jumpstarting the regenerative process and brightening tone.
- Ascorbyl Glucoside: A form of Vitamin C, this ingredient brightens the skin and helps even out tone. It also firms the skin and minimizes fine lines/wrinkles.
- Encapsulated oligiopeptide-68: A peptide that works to brighten the skin and even out tone.
- Titanium Dioxide (12.16%): Acts as a sunscreen.
- PhytoCellTec: This trademarked ingredient helps stem cells maintain the capacity for renewal.
- EMortal: This trademarked ingredient imbues your skin cells with a new vitality and supports the renewal process.
- Hydrating trio: Sodium Hyaluronate, Ceramide 3, and Glycerin.
Hydroxatone recommends using this product when you wake up and just before bedtime on the face and neck. For best results, pair with Gentle Milky Cleanser, Age-Defying Toner, and microdermabrasion.
User reviews show that this product has a 4 out of 5 star rating. Individuals who liked the product said that it lasted all day, worked great as an anti-aging product and hydrator, went on smoothly, and worked well beneath makeup. BB provided a smooth, light, matte finish and had a fair price. It’s great for dry skin and can replace many other skincare products.
Women and men who didn’t like this cream said that it smelled bad/medicinal and was too thick. They weren’t pleased that instructions said to apply every two hours when in the sun. The overall feel is that this works well and is fairly priced, but isn’t magnificent.
AM/PM Anti-Wrinkle Complex with SPF 15
This dual-acting cream provides anti-aging benefits as well as hydration. A Hydroxatone bestseller, AM/PM is proven to soften fine lines and wrinkles by stimulating the body’s production of collagen. In addition, AM/PM includes a light SPF to protect the face from harmful UV rays and targets many other signs of aging including dryness, uneven skin tone, dull skin, hyperpigmentation, and sun damage. Active ingredients include:
- Matrixyl 3000: Promotes fresh and youthful skin by stimulating the production of collagen, hyaluronic acid, and fibronectin.
- Argireline: A peptide designed to combat signs of aging as fast as possible.
- Hyaluronic Acid: Hydrates the skin for a smooth, soft look.
- Pomegranate, grape seed, green tea, and pine bark extracts: These antioxidants repair skin and act as anti-inflammatory agents.
- Licorice, bearberry, and ginseng extracts: Natural botanicals that brighten the skin.
The AM/PM formula also contains Vitamins C, A, and E along with Octinoxate (7.5%), Octocrylene (4.5%), and Oxybenzone (3.5%). AM/PM is great for men and women of any ethnicity.
Directions recommend using AM/PM in the morning and just before bedtime on the face and neck. For best results, use in conjunction with Gentle Milky Cleanser, Age-Defying Toner, and Intensive Youth Serum. Expect results in less than eight weeks of use. Sold in one-ounce jars, AM/PM sells for $69.95 on the official site and for $38.00 on Amazon. Hydroxatone also makes a version of AM/PM for sensitive skin.
AM/PM has a 4 out of 5 star review, with users praising it for ridding them of annoying sunspots. Users noticed a soft, hydrated texture as well as a reduction in fine lines and blemishes.
Users who wouldn’t recommend this product said that it’s too greasy and not any better than drugstore alternatives (which cost less than $20). Like the two previous products, the user consensus is that this product is just “okay,” but not the best. Click here for other winkle cream suggestions.
30 Day Risk Free Trial
Just like many beauty products out there, the official website offers a free trial. You can pick any product on the site for the trial and you’ll only pay a small shipping and handling fee at time of purchase. The risk free trial also comes with a free sample of Hydroxatone’s anti-aging toner.
Your credit card will be charged 30 days later unless you call to cancel. You are also automatically signed up for the auto-ship program and will receive replacement bottles/jars every 2 months. To avoid charges and to receive a full refund, you must call to cancel within 30 days of the date of purchase and return the products within 14 days.
The catch is that by the time you receive the product and test it out thoroughly, 30 days may have already passed. I would highly recommend purchasing Hydroxatone products from Amazon to avoid this scam. You’ll find lower prices and won’t have to worry about hidden charges. Click here to learn about another popular skincare brand, Rodan + Fields.
Hydroxatone is a run-of-the-mill skincare brand with lots of products, but nothing to make it stand out from competitors. Their creams and serums seem to lead to positive results for most users, but the results aren’t fantastic. Based on the company’s bad reputation in regards to customer service, hidden charges, and unreliable delivery, I would suggest looking for another brand for your anti-aging needs. Read this article learn the truth about popular skincare myths.
You may have heard about the class action lawsuit Hydroxatone faced a few years ago. The legal dispute involved the company’s questionable replenishment procedures and ended in a multi-million dollar settlement. Make sure to read the fine print when shopping online, no matter what the product or company.